We're back!

Tuesday, July 14, 2015


We're back! We spent the last month in Cape Town, South Africa. It was amazing. It was the middle of winter but oh look! at the weather! Imagine being stuck in traffic looking at that on the way to work.


We were thoroughly spoilt. Isla met the whole family, played every day, and had almost four whole weeks of time off with us. We discovered that she's mad about dogs, that she loves mango, and her favourite food in the whole wide world is hot chips; especially when enjoyed with one in each hand. Nothing cheered her up like a bowl full of chips and a dog to giggle at.


I had a birthday while back there too: I'm 30! That happened very suddenly indeed. I  may have brought back an entire stash of yarn, along with a few other treats. We had a birthday tea, a night out at a favourite restaurant, and more than a handful of babysitters.

I've only just unpacked, I have thousands of photographs to sort through, and am still getting used to the idea that it is the hottest July that the UK has had in years. Whoop!


For now, I'll leave you with this cutie's cheeky grin. Many, many photographs to come soon. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments