QAYG, and, on being pregnant.

Friday, August 08, 2014

Remember these? 

They became these:


Ta da! They're really bright and cheerful. The back is plain linen, so when it all gets a bit much, you can just turn them around. Ahem. There are still two more waiting to be assembled but that piping is a pain! I was so enthusiastic about it and now I'm at the point where I find myself regularly asking out loud, nobody will really notice if half the cushions don't have piping, will they? Why are you laughing at me? Slow and steady. I'll get there, eventually.

Sewing and craft progress has been s-l-o-w. I have been napping instead, or catching up on the Food Network channel. Did you also start watching The Great British Bake Off this week? Best. TV. Show. Ever.


We also finally got the Animal Alphabet quilt up on the wall, yay! We're not allowed to put hooks/nails in the walls, so we've used a very brilliant no-more-nails solution which involves something very sticky and a bit of balancing on one leg while pressing the sticky-whatsits against the wall. 

I supervised. 

Baby has been very spoilt these past few weeks.


This Grace rag dolly came all the way from Aunty Anne in South Africa! Here she is relaxing in the moses basket, in her Liberty frock - as you do. She made the long journey north accompanied by some very beautiful things. Not even here yet, and this baby is going to have expensive taste. 


This knitted cotton blanket is also from Aunty Anne, from Rabbit & Wood in Newlands, Cape Town. There's no place like home, there's no place like home. Aren't the little motifs fun? I like the ladybird best. 


Not to be outdone, this little elly-phant came all the way from Solvang, in the USA! A present from Aunty Andrea. I know, we're getting closer and closer - and suddenly it's all very real indeed. There are comforters and blankies and onesies and moses baskets, and sheets that need washing. 


This is what I look like these days (wait, before we go, take a photo! Yes, on the phone. I'm sending it to my mom. The conversation resulted in the first usable pic of pregnant tum.). My tummy is big and round, and sticks out in front me like a watermelon. I'm tired a lot. The nausea has more-or-less passed, although there are occasional reminders of the past seven months that make me very grateful for these days of food freedom. Baby is very active and especially likes to kick and punch when I'm trying to sleep at night. An acrobat, we speculate. Or a synchronised swimmer.

I've been banned from driving because the steering wheel doesn't turn very easily (I may be right up against it, but I'm not telling) so things have really slowed down here - which is great. Work seems to be very busy but that's going to be winding down in the next couple of weeks as well. Overall, my phrase for the past few weeks has been: "afternoon nap." It could also be "waddle." Or "knackered." Or "I really feel like strawberry frozen yoghurt, dear."

You Might Also Like

5 comments