This Weekend...

Monday, January 20, 2014



... I finally cast off on a shawl I've been knitting. Will block it this week. I also promptly cast on for my Hey, Teach! which I'm calling Strawberry Pi. A repetitive and easy knit, I'm half way up the back and switching to a repeating lace pattern now. 


... I washed and thwacked (!) my handspun yarn skeins. They are currently drying over the edge of the bath, much to my husband's amusement. Your yarn, he says, smells stronger than the bath cleaner!

It's the grey/white Jacob on the far right. It stinks like (wet) sheep.


... I got out some old knitting projects...


... and starting frogging them. 

I know. 

But what on earth will I do with an entrelac knitted bag? I have no idea what this lovely yarn will become, but it will be stored away and saved for a rainy day project. I haven't quite frogged all the entrelac as it is rather beautiful, so I shall admire it for a week yet. Then, rippppp it!


... I also dug this project out from my pile of unfinished-objects. It's destined to be a small quilt, made from Valori Wells Karavan in teal, and grey Kona Solids. I still need to sew up and piece the blocks (5 remaining), then I'm going to do a spot of hand embroidery, find a backing, make some binding, and quilt it all up. I'm a very lazy quilter so I'm sure this will take weeks, but I'm working on the assumption that if I leave it out, I'll be tempted to do something about it.

Because, this year is the year of finishing things.

You Might Also Like

0 comments