Jewelled Tones

Tuesday, January 21, 2014


All quite suddenly - and entirely without notice, overnight - my craft room / office has transformed into a veritable Aladdin's Cave of treasures. Everything is jewelled: the beautiful and unexpected gifts that arrived through the post, the knitting that is gathering on my craft tables, the shelves which are piling up with glittered objects.

The colours are all rather spontaneously and wonderfully coordinated. There are deep maroons and strawberry pinks, glittering midnight blue and amethyst purple. Silvered blues and Rothko greens. Colour, it seems, has taken over. It's a protest.

Only the "office" half the of the room remains untouched and somewhat organised.

Except, of course, for the tufts of mulberry fibre that seems to have taken over the pile of invoices.

Except the maroon and pearl EEWI brooch on display beneath my large monitor, reminding me to return it at tonight's meeting.

Except the jar of pastel-coloured buttons which seems to have replaced my sensible office pens.

Except the bright and glittering stitch markers which have been stored next to my keyboard for safe-keeping.

Except the string of mirrored elephants from Istanbul which dance next to my pile of notebooks.

Except those, of course.

You Might Also Like

1 comments