Wednesday WIP: Christmas Crafting and Cupcakes

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Christmas is coming, and the geese are getting fat. It's less than two weeks away, and there's a lot of crafting to be done. I've been making gifts - and also, goodies for the Christmas Market. 



Will you join us for some mulled wine and a night of crafty goodness?

Here's what I made this week for the market:


Why yes. They are felt cupcakes. Inspired by a gift I received from my dear friend Anne some time ago, these felt-y cupcakes are all hand-stitched, and can be used as pincushions or as a decoration for the sheer enjoyment of cupcakery and tomfoolery.


They're bright and colourful, and full of little stitches and pearls.


I really enjoy having a whole plate of them on display on my dining room table! I've only got six (I ran out of white felt) but perhaps I'll make a little trip down to Hobbycraft for extra supplies. 


I also have a large pile of empty heat bags (heat packs?) ready to be filled with buckwheat and lavender. I plan on adding to that pile this weekend to make a better display at our Christmas market stall.


And, thanks to a large jar of lavender, everything in my house is currently very soothing. Mm.

You Might Also Like

0 comments