Victoria Park, and Colette Sewing

Monday, September 24, 2012

We've been spoilt with some really beautiful weather recently - which is lucky when you have to go and watch your other half run like a nutter around a pretty park in a work-sponsored fun run in the beautiful Victoria Park.






















So, while the crazy folks gathered in their masses at the start of the fun run, I found myself a lovely little bench along the track and settled in for a bit of sunshine and reading.

















I recently bought The Colette Sewing Handbook in my attempt to learn how to properly read a sewing pattern and actually sew myself a garment I might regularly wear. It's a fabulous book, full of easy to understand instructions and explanations and great pictures. It also makes excellent reading material for a late afternoon in the park.






















The book is spiral bound which makes it really easy to read, and especially easy to use if you're planning on following it (ahem) with acute attention as you sew alongside on your machine. It also makes it much easier to put down quickly when your husband and his team mates jog into sight and you suddenly need to stand and cheer and generally be a good noise-making supporter.

















All in all, I couldn't have asked for better weather or better reading material. I've made it to the end of the first section in the book which means that I now have to sew "pattern one" ~ the Meringue Skirt. I see fabric shopping in my future!

You Might Also Like

1 comments