Wednesday WIP: Folklore Moroccan Cross Stitch

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Last week I showed you my progress on my Moroccan Cross Stitch cushion. It's a scatter cushion pouf (I really feel uncomfortable about that word) and I really, really, really like it.

I'm delighted to say that I finished the stitching! "Delighted" is an understatement. I'm giddy with stitching excitement that this project is finally done and I can move on to something else! I'm fed up with all of the itty bitty blocks and pattern counting (I've got to get a wash-out cross stitch pattern-marking pen!), and I'm definitely fed up with stitching in purple. But - I love the result.

















Isn't it lovely? It really bugs me that the design looks like it should be symmetrical in stitching, but in reality it's not. I know that you won't know it's there - but I know it. I know where the little hoops and loops aren't quite equal on all sides, and I know where I've made minor adjustments to get it just right. I'm not sure why the designer did it this way, but now you know: if you like symmetry, fix the pattern before you start.

I initially thought that the colours were too bold, but now I like it. A lot.

















This is my favourite part: the paisley clusters. Sorry about the lighting - it's pouring with rain here in London Town and it doesn't make for very good photographs at all!






















I think that the Amy Butler fabric goes really nicely with the bold colours of the stitchery. I had reservations about this colourway initially - it's not at all what I usually like - but it all seems to come together quite nicely.

















I like the width of the panels. I'm going to stitch these together to form a long strip of vertical stripes... and that should make the side panel to go around the pouf. Cushion. Thingamajig.

















I might have to hold back on my fabric enthusiasm here. It looks like a bad 70s decor scheme when they get so close together!

















... and while I'm photographic strips of beautiful fabrics on my table, I thought I'd also share a pic of the flowers Graeme bought for me this weekend. Nothing cheers up your workspace like an explosion of fabric and florals! It's all a lot cosier in here now.

You Might Also Like

3 comments